My 5 favourite things
Designer and celebrity stylist Cher Coulter is one of Hollywood’s most respected and coveted in the business. Coulter, who grew up just outside of London, began her fashion career at the young age of 14 when she worked as a dresser at fashion shows for the industry’s top designers. Coulter studied fashion design at London’s prestigious Central St. Martins College of Art and Design before co-founding the menswear line AKA, and eventually moving across the pond to L.A. in 2003. Upon her arrival, she became one of Tinseltown’s go-to stylists with a client list that includes Kate Bosworth, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (to name a few). Despite a packed schedule with the A-Listers, she has also maintained her roots in designing. In 2010, Coulter launched the highly successful jewelry line Jewelmint, which she designs with good friend Bosworth. Though busy with editorials and red carpet fittings, Coulter fills us in on her favorite things away from the studio.
1. My dog Lovern: She’s simply my best friend.
2. Leica D-LUX5 Camera: [It] comes everywhere with me and takes the most amazing photos. My trip to Peru encouraged me to buy it! Everything is set to vibrant and widescreen. Epic.
3. London: It’s simply the best city in the world.
4. Coconut Milk from Erewhon: It’s beyond delicious.
5. A Beach in Costa Rica: It’s heaven. Good friends, good times, good tans.